What is Acupuncture?
The Tools of Traditional Chinese Medicine
By Paul J.O'Brien
B.A., N.C.E.H.S., Dip. Acu., Adv. Dip. OBB, Cert Clin. Med. M.AFPA, M.ETCMA, M.C.Th.A.
What is acupuncture? Ten years ago, people would often ask that question with a raised eyebrow and some skepticism when, and if, you introduced yourself as an Acupuncturist. These days it’s a little more common place with Acupuncture well established outside of China in America and Europe. Despite it’s growing popularity and acceptance as a mainstream system of medicine with a proven track record for effective results, many people still can’t answer a question such as “ What is acupuncture? ”, with anything more than a simplified “Isn’t that where they stick pins in you?”
And they’d be quite right….but that is not all acupuncture is. So, what is acupuncture? Perhaps the answer depends on your point of view. For instance to me it’s a tool that allows me to effect real, positive change in the health of those who come to see me. For others it’s an experience that relieved them of niggling injuries, aches and pains, to others it’s partially responsible for their conceiving a child and brining a new life into the world.
In this section of the Meridian Acupuncture Clinic Official Website I’ll be presenting a series of articles discussing the question of “ What is acupuncture? ” and the other tools of Traditional Chinese such as Cupping, Auricular (Ear) Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Tui Na, Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine, Electro Acupuncture and Chinese Dietary Therapy.
I’ll also discuss acupuncture research and many of the associated medical benefits of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, including acupuncture meridian proof, and the success statistics of acupuncture so you'll have a better understanding of " What is acupuncture? " Of course this will be equally balanced with articles on Traditional Chinese Medicine therapy limitations, acupuncture side effects, and those against acupuncture.
Each of the following articles will lead you through the varied answers to the question “ What is acupuncture? ”…
• Tools in Ancient Chinese Acupuncture – A Brief Look at the Various Tools used by an Acupuncturist to Establish Health and Harmony
• Acupuncture and Cupping – How can Suction Lead to Disharmony Destruction?
• Acupuncture and Moxibustion – How Heating Works to Move and Free Your Bodies Energy
• Acupuncture and Tui Na – Healing Hands and Pressure and Release the Triggers Causing Pain and Illness
• Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine – Want to Know Why What You Eat can Make You Sick?
• How Does Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine Work – The Healing Flavors of Herbs.
• Electro Acupuncture – The Success of this Treatment Protocol will Shock You
• Chinese Dietary Therapy – Why Adding Onions to Milk works as an Effective Treatment
• The Medical Benefits of Acupuncture – The proven and accepted evidence in support of Acupuncture
• Acupuncture Meridians – Meet the Bodies Energy Motorways..
• Acupuncture Meridian Proof – Is There Any Evidence to Support the Bodies “Motorways of Energy?”
• Success Statistics of Acupuncture – Not that Numbers Matter, but they’re on Acupunctures Side
• Traditional Chinese Medicine Therapy Limitations – Ethical Responsibility, Knowing Where to Draw the Line
• Acupuncture Side Effects – Are There Any? Yep, in fact that’s the positive point…
• Against Acupuncture – A honest appraisal of the problems of Chinese Medicine…
Simply click on any of the above articles and find the answers to the question of “ What is Acupuncture? ” Each article can be read standalone or in the narrative sequence above. I’ve tried to keep technical jargon to a minimum and explained in detail terms that may be unfamiliar to those who have not studied TCM. Unlike many of the scientific papers and academic articles that are produced, I have endeavored to ensure each of these articles is easy to read, informative and interesting for both the general public and scholars alike.
Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact me or make an appointment
Ready to get started? Great. Call my clinic at 087 901 9627 so we can discuss your needs and set up the first appointment.
You've Been Reading " What is acupuncture? " To Return to the Home Page Click Here.
Treatable Conditions Fertility Pregnancy Free Newsletter Testimonials Home Page Contact Me
Privacy Terms Disclaimer